If you are in network marketing then I’m sure there are people you look to for mentoring and coaching. Those people you look to tend to be leaders in your company or leaders in the industry. I’d like to share some of the characteristics I find in network marketing leaders:
1. They are positive people. They can always make lemonade out of lemons. When you’re in network marketing you’re going to face missing products, quality control issues on products, customers who keep saying they’ll order and never do and potential team members who seem to vanish off the face of the earth after they’ve asked for information. This is the just the nature of the beast. Industry leaders find ways to turn each of these situations into a positive learning experience.
2. They are able to network with all kinds of different people. There are many personality types in this world. Each personality type has their own unique set of characteristics. The network marketing leader has learned how to communicate with each of the personality types and has learned how to build relationships with each of the personality types.
3. They all possess great time management skills. If they say they’ll call you back, you can bank on it that they will. If they say they’ll get you an answer, again, you can bank on it that you’ll get your answer in a timely fashion. When you are with them or speaking with them, you’re never made to feel like they don’t have time for you. They have learned to effectively manage their time so that they can fit it all in.
4. They all have a sense of creativity. Thinking outside of the box is important in network marketing. They can come up with alternate product uses. They can come up with marketing ideas that can and will work for you and your specific situation. They can listen and relate and usually close a sale by finding a way to work with the person they are currently speaking with.
5. They are risk takers. None of us likes being told “no.” Your leaders are not afraid to take a risk and ask someone who might say no. They are not afraid to try something new when it comes to marketing the product or the business. They raise their hands to test out a new company program that may or may not work.
These are just five of the many characteristics I find in many industry leaders. If you hope to become a leader in your own company, look inside, see which of these characteristics you currently possess and which you need to do some work on. Make it a goal to become someone that others want to learn from and be mentored by.